Two People Escape Glebe House Fire

Two people who were able to escape a fire in their residence in the Glebe early this morning credit their working smoke detector for providing an early warning and saving their lives. Ottawa Fire Services received a 911 call from the residents at 264 Fourth Avenue around 3:45 am reporting a fire. On arrival, crews found smoke on the ground floor and heat on the second floor, and were able to get the fire under control at 3:57 a.m. An electrical failure of a plug in fan was determined to be the cause of the blaze.  The damage is estimate is 20 thousand dollars.  No one was injured (OFS news release)

Image: https://twitter.com/ottfire

 

Posted in All Stories, News & Sports, Whats Happening Tagged with: , , ,

+ Follow Us

 

+ Upcoming Events

  1. Chartwell Still Water Creek Retirement Residence Annual Bazaar

    November 24 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
  2. Aylmer United Church Christmas Bazaar

    November 25 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
  3. Menopause The Musical

    November 29 @ 7:30 pm - December 1 @ 2:00 pm
  4. Christmas In Old Aylmer

    December 1 @ 4:00 pm - December 10 @ 4:00 pm
  5. West Ottawa Ladies Chorus

    December 1 @ 7:00 pm - December 2 @ 2:00 pm

+ On-Air & Shows