The Organizers of The Great Glebe Garage Sale (next weekend) have offered up some great tips for hosting your own yard or garage sale.
1. Set up early so that you are prepared for those early birds!
2. Price all your items, either individually or in groups (eg. books 25 cents).
3. Display items on tables or in boxes according to type and/or price.
4. Have a cash box or change apron with lots of coins for change.
5. In the case of large items that can’t be carried away, an impromptu sales receipt can be drawn up with a deposit and an exchange of telephone numbers to hold the item until the traffic has dwindled and then the buyer can return with a vehicle to pick up the item.
6. Taking a photo of the location can be helpful in helping you find it later.
By the way, this year’s Great Glebe Garage sale happens on Saturday May 26th, 2018 and runs from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Get there early for the best selection, or later for the best deals… and bring cash.
Image source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Great_Glebe_Garage_Sale_May_2011.jpg