Thanks to everyone who played and qualified with Jewel 98.5’s Secret Sound with Algonquin Travel & Cruise in The Gloucester Center and Transat Vacations. Plan Your Next Vacation with Algonquin Travel – Click Here To Visit Their Website
Congratulations to Sylvie Bigras, our grand prize winner. If you missed the call Codi, Nida, and Elaine from Algonquin Travel & Cruise made to Sylvie Monday morning, click on the link below!
Sylvie will enjoy 7 nights at the newly renovated 4 Star All Inclusive Grand Paradise in Samana Dominican Republic (including airfare, transfers and taxes) a beachfront resort on beautiful Samana Bay at Las Galeras with beautiful turquoise beaches!
Sylvie’s Premium Deluxe Room includes free WIFI, private pool, private bar, premium amenities and more!
Ottawa Media Inc.
The Jewel 98.5 Secret Sound Contest
RULES & REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID PROHIBITED. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO, CANADA ONLY AND WILL BE INTERPRETED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF ONTARIO, CANADA.
To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario, and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, Prize Suppliers, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a Jewel 98.5 CJWL-FM (the “Station”) contest within (30) thirty days preceding the start of this Contest (including person(s) designated by such winner to take ownership of prize(s)) is not eligible to enter. Winner must not have any bar to entry into Dominican Republic.
- HOW TO ENTER:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, contestants must listen to the Station between Tuesday, September 4, 2018 and Friday, November 7, 2018 for a chance to qualify to win the grand prize. To qualify, listen to the Station for the cue-to-call, i.e. the specific audio clip. The cue-to-call will be aired at least three (3) times a day, Monday to Friday (excluding holidays), between 7 AM-8 AM, 12 PM-1 PM and 4 PM-5 PM. There will be a minimum of 129 opportunities (plus approximately 15 bonus plays) for contestants to call in during the Contest Period. Upon hearing the cue-to-call, the ninth (9th) caller through to the Station’s contest line (613-789-0985) will be asked to guess correctly as to what that specific audio clip (cue-to-call) was by the on-air host. If the caller correctly answers the question, he/she will be declared a qualifier. If the caller fails to answer the question correctly, the next caller will be given the opportunity to answer during the next contest play.
In the event the caller is outside of the local calling area, standard long distance rates as charged by the caller’s long distance service provider will apply. Callers shall be responsible for all long-distance charges or other fees associated with entering the Contest.
Alternatively, contestants will be provided with a chance to qualify to win the grand prize at Station events. To hear of these events and opportunities, tune in to Jewel 98.5 FM every weekday (excluding holidays).
Limit of one (1) entry per individual. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once, all your entries will be void. If it is discovered that you are attempting to enter with a “fake name,” your entries will be void and a police report will be made documenting your fraudulent and illegal conduct. Contest starts on Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 7:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and closes on Friday, October November 1, 2018 at 5:00 PM ET. There is one (1) grand prize to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Void where prohibited.
- CONTEST DRAW:
The Contest will be open from Tuesday, September 4, 2018 and Friday, November 1, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
All qualifiers will instantly be entered into the grand prize. Contestants can qualify only once for Secret Sound Contest.
The grand prize winner will be randomly drawn from the eligible qualifiers on the Morning Show with Codi and Nida on Monday, November 5, 2018 at approximately 8:15 AM ET. Upon being declared a potential winner, he/she must be available during all day parts on the day of the draw to answer unaided a time-limited mathematical skill testing question. If not available or unable to answer the question correctly a new potential winner will be drawn. Upon correctly answering that question, the potential winners will be declared the winners. The radio announcer on the Station, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winners live via telephone. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the grand prizes.
In the event the potential winners cannot be contacted immediately after the draw, or if an answering machine or voice mail box picks up the call, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Further, if there is not a clear telephone connection between The Jewel 98.5 FM on-air announcer and the potential prize winners, such that one or each other cannot hear the other, such potential prize winner is disqualified, and the Contest Sponsors will not be liable in any way for such failed connection. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, if applicable, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event no later than November 30, 2018.
- ODDS OF WINNING
The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
The grand prize is a seven (7) night all inclusive vacation for two (2) to the Grand Paradise Samana, Samana, Dominican Republic from January 4, 2019 – April 12, 2019 – black out dates of March 8, 2019 – March 14, 2019, courtesy of Algonquin Travel & Cruise TravelPlus, Gloucester Center.
Your Transat Vacations prize includes:
- Return airfare in economy to Samana in accordance with the Air Transat flight program.
- Roundtrip transfer between the airport and the hotel.
- All Inclusive accommodations in a Premium Deluxe Room at the Grand Paradise Samana, 4* resort in Samana, Dominican Republic.
- All taxes and services charges.
- All Inclusive hotel services as per description in the Transat Sun & Fun 2018-2019 brochure.
- Winners must make their request for travel through their Algonquin TravelPlus Travel Agent to Transat, at least six weeks prior to the anticipated date of departure, failing which Transat will not accept the reservation and the prize will be deemed void.
- The winner and his/her travel companion must travel together both ways.
- The winner and his/her travel companion must have the legal right to leave Canada and to return to Canada and must have the legal right to enter and leave the destination country to which they are bound. They are fully responsible for obtaining, at their own expenses, all documentation necessary for the trip as required by the authorities concerned, including, but not limited to, visas, passports, vaccinations and certificates. These shall be obtained before departure. The winner and his/her travel companion shall comply with the contest validity dates and accept the alternatives proposed byTransat, if this proves necessary. No extension of stay will be permitted. Transat reserves the right to offer a comparable price if a program is cancelled in the case of force majeure or in the case of any other irresistible and unforeseeable circumstances.
- All of the personal expenses of the winner and his/her travel companion are their sole responsibility. The winner and his/her travel companion are responsible for their own transportation upon departure and arrival at the international airport of departure, as determined by Transat. Transat shall assume no responsibility of any nature whatsoever for any postponement, delay or cancellation of the flight or any other component of the packages or of any other transportation which is part of the price for any reasons whatsoever, including, but not limited to, weather conditions, equipment breakdown or failure.
- Travel must be booked by February 28, 2019, for travel between January 04, 2019 and
April 12, 2019. Blackout dates will apply as follows: March 08 – March 14, 2019.
- Air travel to destination where the hotel is located will be exclusively on flights sold by Air Transat.
- Reservation is subject to availability of both Transat and/or the hotel at time of reservation.
- Airport fees, custom duties, entry fees, tourist cards, surcharges, insurance charges, personal expenses and travel documentation are not included in the prize.
- Transat strongly recommends that travel insurance be purchased at time of reservation as a measure of added protection.
- All travel documentation that may be required (visa, passports, etc.) are the winner’s and his/her travel companion’s responsibility and must be obtained prior to departure.
- The prize offered must be accepted as offered and is not exchangeable, refundable, transferable or convertible into cash.
- The winner and his/her travel companion shall respect the validity dates of the promotion and will be subject to the terms and conditions contained in the Transat, Sun & Fun 2018-2019 brochure.
The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Prize is not redeemable for cash and is non-transferable. If not accepted as awarded, the Prize will be considered NULL and VOID. Substitutions will not be allowed. Any unused portion of the prize will not be refunded, and cannot be used towards another cruise package or another trip component.
Not included in the prize:
- Pre and Post hotel stays outside of travel dates (Algonquin Travel can assist with additional arrangements on request at your own cost)
- Travel Insurance (including but not limited to trip cancellation, trip interruption and medical insurance)
- Travel related surcharges including airline baggage fees and advance seat selection
- Costs associated with obtaining travel documents (including , but not limited to passports and visas)
- Items of a personal nature
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. The Contest Sponsor and the Prize Supplier reserves the right to offer a comparable holiday in the event the trip described is unavailable due to circumstances beyond its control.
The Contest Sponsor and the Prize Supplier are not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling, or cancellation, for any reason, of any Prize and winner and guests will not be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event described herein.
Winner and his/her travel companion are responsible for obtaining proper travel documentation (e.g. passports), travel and health insurance. The Contest Sponsor and the Prize Supplier are not responsible if winner and/or his or her travel companion are denied entry into Dominican Republic, for any reason.
The grand prizes do not include: medical, baggage or cancellation insurance, items of a personal nature. The winners their companion are solely responsible for their own transportation to and from the airport and for their own transportation to and from the hotel, if required, to their personal destinations. Prize winners are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including without limitation, meals, beverages, and services not included in the on-board meals, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, insurance together with any required travel documentation, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature, together with any applicable overnight layover.
A valid credit card may be required by the Prize Supplier for any incidentals or extras not listed in this prize. A current valid Canadian Passport is required for travel to Dominican Republic. If winners and travelling companions of the winners are unable to travel during the specified period, the Prize will be considered forfeit. No credit or reimbursement will be provided if the trip is not taken. Cancellations to the Prize are not accepted. If cancelled, the Prize will not be reinstated and will be null and void.
Other restrictions may apply.
To be officially declared a winner, the winner and his or her travelling companion MUST sign a waiver form provided by the Station. The Station is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor should be addressed to the Jewel 98.5 CJWL-FM, 127 York Street, Ottawa, ON, K1N 5T4.
By entering the contest, participants agree to be bound by these official rules any by the decisions of the Station and Prizes Supplier, which shall be final on all matters relating to this contest. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and none will be returned.
The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Prior to receiving the Prize, the Prize winner shall sign a standard release and liability waiver absolving the Contest Sponsor of all its obligations under the Contest and accepting the Prize as awarded as full and final satisfaction of all items owed to him by the Evanov Radio Group.
Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor and Prizes Supplier, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, the Contest Sponsor and Prizes Supplier reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest and select a winner from previously received eligible entries.
The Contest Sponsor and the Prizes Supplier reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site, if applicable or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor and the Prizes Supplier reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law.
All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
The Contest Sponsor and Prizes Supplier reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof.
The Contest Sponsor and the Prizes Supplier shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, radio, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
By participating, participants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Station and each of its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies from and against any claims made by winner, entrants, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this contest as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any contest-related activity or participation in this contest. Prior to receiving the Prize, the Prize winner shall sign a standard release and liability waiver absolving Ottawa Media Inc. operating as Jewel 98.5 and the Evanov Radio Group of all its obligations under the Contest and accepting the Prize as awarded in full and final satisfaction of all items owed to the contest winner by Ottawa Media Inc. operating as Jewel 98.5.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY:
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and Prize Suppliers and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- CONTEST SPONSOR/PRIZE SUPPLIER:
The Contest Sponsor is Ottawa Media Inc. operating as Jewel 98.5 CJWL-FM and the Prize Suppliers are Transat and AMHSA Marina Hotels & Resorts, and Algonquin Travel and Cruise TravelPlus, Gloucester Center.
By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules.