The RCMP needs help to name six foals born this spring at its breeding farm in Pakenham, and children 14 and under are invited to help make that happen. Who knows? One day, one of the foals could be part of the world-famous Musical Ride. The RCMP is now accepting entries in its 2016 RCMP “Name the Foal” contest. To qualify, entries must meet the following criteria:
- names must begin with the letter “N” and must be six (6) letters or fewer;
- entries must include the entrant’s first name, province and email address, as well as the suggested name for the foal;
- entrants must be 14 years old or younger;
- only one entry per child will be eligible; and
- on-line entries must be received no later than July 8, 2016.
In the event of duplicate winning names, the first entry received will be accepted. Contest winners will be announced in September, and their names, along with the foal’s name will be posted on the RCMP website. Winners will receive a number of great RCMP prizes such as a signed Stetson worn by a Musical Ride member, a framed picture of the foal, t-shirt, pins and much more.
Children are encouraged to submit their entries on the Internet at: www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/name-foal-contest. Entries can also be sent by mail (including school entries), but postmarked no later than July 4, 2016:
Send it to:
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Musical Ride Branch
c/o RCMP Name the Foal Contest
PO Box 8900
Ottawa, ON. K1G 3J2
Photo credit: Ottawa Citizen