On Tuesday, April 18, 2016 members of the OPP Hawkesbury detachment and Forensics Identification Services Unit attended a residence where unidentified human remains were located along the shores of the Ottawa River off of Division Road in the community of Wendover about 50 km east of the capital. The body was removed from the river and transported to Ottawa Hospital where a post mortem examination was conducted on Wednesday.The unidentified human remains are determined to be those of a man between 40-50 years old, approximately six feet tall, with a shaved head, and stubbly facial hair.
At the time this male was located he was wearing:
– Size 11, black “Airwalk” running shoes, with a distinctive fluorescent yellow/green sole and tongue
– Olive coloured jacket with zipper up the front, a quilted liner and velcro wrist cuffs
– A dark long sleeved shirt with a knitted greyish/blue coloured sweater over top
– Black nylon track pants with a two tone grey strip on the side of the leg
– White or grey long underwear and maroon coloured thick wool socks
OPP have so far been unable to determine the identity of this male and are asking for the public’s assistance. If you have any information that can assist in identifying this male you are asked to contact Rockland OPP detachment at 613-446-5124 or toll free 24\7 at 1-888-310-1122.
(OPP News release)