The Name the Trains Contest for the O-Train Confederation Line was launched today.
Children and youth 16 years of age and under are invited to submit their name suggestions for all 40 of Ottawa’s train cars –that will operate along the O-Train Confederation Line and along the O-Train Trillium Line.
The contest runs until December 8, 2017.
Participants must get permission from their parent/guardian before submitting an entry form.
- Must be short (maximum of 16 characters, including spaces)
- Should be related to trains (or train service) or have Canadian or Ottawa-related significance
- Must fit into one or more of five categories
- Natural world
- Canadian culture
- Must be bilingual or easily translatable (English & French)
- Should be friendly, positive and easy to remember
Contest rules and regulations are available at octranspo.com
The winning names will be announced and name decals will be placed on trains in 2018.
Photo source: http://www.octranspo.com/ready4rail/contest