A few more traffic notes to be aware of this weekend if you’re traveling to or from the downtown core.
The Rideau Canal Skateway change rooms and washroom facilities will be removed on Friday and Saturday so to allow this work, sections of the Queen Elizabeth Driveway and Colonel By Drive will be closed at the following locations:
Friday, April 21
- 8:30 am to 2 pm: Queen Elizabeth Driveway (northbound and southbound lanes) will be closed between Fifth Avenue and Bank Street.
- Supervised access to the Lansdowne underground parking lot possible from Bank Street, as needed.
Saturday, April 22
- 6 am to 12:30 pm: Colonel By Drive (northbound and southbound lanes) will be closed between Hawthorne and Daly avenues.
- 12 pm to 5 pm: Colonel By Drive (northbound and southbound lanes) will be closed between Hog’s Back Road and Bronson Avenue.
- Supervised access to the Carleton University parking lot possible from Hog’s Back Road, as needed.
Directional signage will be installed to advise motorists of the closures. The NCC urges motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians, to exercise caution, obey signage, and flag persons.
Source: NCC Press Release
Photo Credit: ncc-ccn.gc.ca