I knew I liked horror movies for a reason but now there is actually a legit reason for me to like them even more 😉
A study by the University of Westminster reveals that watching scary movies can burn up to 200 calories. Participants’ heart rates, oxygen intake and carbon dioxide output were measured. The study found that on average, the number of calories used increased by a third during viewing.
Which ones should you be watching this Halloween to burn off those extra candy calories? Here is the list of the Top Calorie Burning Horror Films….
1. The Shining: 184 calories
2. Jaws: 161 calories
3. The Exorcist: 158 calories
4. Alien: 152 calories
5. Saw: 133 calories
6. A Nightmare on Elm Street: 118 calories
7. Paranormal Activity: 111 calories
8. The Blair Witch Project: 107 calories
9. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: 105 calories
You’re welcome and Happy Halloween 😉
Photo Credit: commons.wikimedia.org