It’s National Coffee Day – as we celebrate the immensely-popular beverage that’s consumed all around the world. A recent study by Harvard reveals that drinking coffee may actually increase your lifespan. The study found people who drank three to five cups of coffee per day had about a 15 percent lower risk of premature death compared to people who didn’t drink coffee.”
Here are some other interesting facts about coffee:
– 50% of people say their first tea or coffee of the day makes them feel automatically better.
– 66% of women say their partner waking them up with a cup of coffee in the morning is more romantic than being gifted with an expensive handbag or shoes.
– 31% of men and 52% of women prefer to meet at a coffee shop on a first date.
– the average person consumes 13 cups of coffee per week, or 24 pounds of coffee a year.
– 46% of people drink coffee to stay awake while driving.
– A survey by the investing app Acorns reveals that 35% of Millennials have spent more money on coffee than they have investing in their retirement.