I love Halloween, it’s probably one of my favorite holidays, next to Thanksgiving. You get to dress up, there’s candy, there’s pumpkin everything and best of all, there are scary Halloween movies.
Here are some interesting stats about Halloween and scary movies, which one are you?
A survey by Redbox reveals that 57% of people like scary movies. Other findings include:
– 49% of people watch a horror movie in October to celebrate Halloween.
– 55% of people will watch a scary movie on Halloween.
– 92% of people prefer to watch a scary movie at home rather than at a theater.
– 73% of people watch a scary movie with the lights off.
– 52% of people will not watch a scary movie alone.
– 50% of people get spooked by strange noises while watching a scary movie.
– 31% of people have turned off a scary movie because they were frightened.
– 22% of people say Freddy Krueger is the scariest movie villain of all time.
How about a look from the same survey of the top five scary movies of all time? Do you agree?
1 “The Exorcist.”
2 “A Nightmare on Elm Street.”
3 “The Shining.”
5 “The Silence of the Lambs.”
For me….I’m a mix of all and totally agree on the horror movie list…..love them all 🙂
Photo Credit: flickr.com