Ottawa’s population continues to increase, with western suburbs seeing largest growth in 2016. Here’s a quick snapshot of trends, from the City of Ottawa’s 2016 development report, which was published this week.
– The City of Ottawa’s population at the end of 2016 was 968,580, up by 0.8 per cent from 2015.
– The greater Ottawa-Gatineau region had a population of 1,457,464.
– The community with the largest growth in 2016 was Kanata-Stittsville with 27.8 per cent of all growth.
– More people move to Ottawa than leave. According to the 2014-2015 statistics (the most recent available), the net number of people moving to Ottawa was 5,827, an increase of nine per cent from the previous year.
– Greater Montreal provided the largest number of new Ottawa residents.
Image source: https://thevoice.ottawachamber.ca