Just in case you didn’t get your fill of Halloween, the Festival Latino Ottawa presents the ‘Day of the Dead’ in traditional Mexican fashion at Lansdowne Park on Saturday, November 3rd. Festivities get underway at 5 PM til 10 PM, at the Horticulture Building and include:
- A Parade around Lansdowne
- Altars displays and contest
- An El Catrin & La Catrina Contest for adults & children
- Lots of Children activities
- Traditional Mexican dishes for the occasion a: Pan de Muerto, Tamales, Tacos, Pozole, Mexican hot chocolate and much more!
Events are FREE! To participate in the “Parade,” organizers ask that you be dressed in your ‘Catrin’ or ‘Catrina’ costume, your Mexican or any other costume, and with your face painted as a skull!
Image source: https://latinamericanfestival-latino.org/