It’s Monday so it means time for another yummy winner in our Jewel 98.5 Recipe Contest. Congrats to Christine Charbonneau who submitted her recipe for Beef and Broccoli, she wins $100 for The Unrefined Olive and Ferme Reveuse and is in for the Grand Prize from La-Z-Boy Home Furnishings And Decore.
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or use fresh garlic
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
• 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup water, divided
• 1 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin 2-inch strips
• 1/4 cup low salt soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
• 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
• 1 medium carrot thinly sliced
• 1 stick celery thinly sliced
• 200g button or similar mushrooms
• 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
• Hot cooked rice
• Mix garlic powder and 2 tablespoons each cornstarch and water; toss with beef. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and the remaining cornstarch and water until smooth.
• In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
• In same pan, stir-fry broccoli, carrots, celery and mushrooms and onion in remaining oil over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir soy sauce mixture; add to pan. Cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Return beef to pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Double the sauce recipe if you like.
Source and Photo Credit: Christine Charbonneau